How To Mix 2-Stroke Fuel
Mix 2-Stroke fuel in 3 easy steps
Need to mix fuel for your STIHL 2-Stroke engine? Follow our three easy steps to ensure you get the perfect mix.
Step 1: You’ll need STIHL 2-Stroke oil, an empty and clean fuel can and fresh unleaded fuel from a reputable petrol station.
Step 2: Mix at 50:1 (20mls oil per 1L fuel) when you’re using STIHL 2-Stroke oil. If you’re mixing a larger quantity, check out our useful mixing chart.
To prolong the life of your 2-Stroke fuel mix you can add STIHL fuel stabiliser which will extend the fuel’s shelf life up to 12 months. To treat 5L of fuel you’ll need 15ml of STIHL fuel stabiliser.
Note: Petrol has a limited shelf life (as low as 30 days), so always mix with fresh, regular unleaded, purchased from a reputable large volume fuel supplier.
Are there any alternatives to mixing 2-Stroke fuel?
Yes, you can save time with STIHL MotoMix® - no mixing required! MotoMix® is a premium 2-Stroke patented fuel formula, designed especially for air cooled 2-Stroke engine power tools. It’s an optimised 50:1 formulation of synthetic, ethanol-free fuel and our highest quality STIHL HP Ultra Oil.
What are the benefits of STIHL MotoMix®?
• Up to 70% less emissions^
• Convenient, clean and easy to use with no mixing required
• Delivers superior performance and engine lubrication
• ‘Double your STIHL warranty’ from 2 to 4 years, when 4L is purchased at the same time as an eligible product.†
• Lasts up to 2 years after opening
• Environmentally conscious – using highly-biodegradable oil
• Fully synthetic - contains no ethanol and no aromatics
Click here to find out more about STIHL Motomix®.
^When compared to commercial fuel. †Offer valid on selected homeowner and landowner petrol powered products only in non-income producing applications. Product and a minimum of 4L of STIHL MotoMix® must be purchased at the same time to be eligible for the extended warranty.